Thursday, April 20, 2017

He is strong


It was 11:59 on March the 31st, 2017.  Then suddenly it wasn't. I sat next to my husband, realizing the past 60 seconds, just like that, had transitioned us from one month to the next. And it was a big transition. "April the 1st." My eyes widened. I leaned over to Matt and said, "we leave THIS month for the mission field!"

And this was no April fool's joke!

As we plan and prepare for our upcoming trip, it's moments like these that awaken Matthew and I to the reality of this life change. And the moments seem to be happening more and more frequently.

A few weeks ago a question struck me. It started as a thought, just lingering back in my mind, and finally, it made itself plain: 

"Why me? I'm too weak. Everyone is only going to see how weak I am. I'm not bold enough. I don't have enough to bring to the team. Why me?" 

I continued with my devotions for that morning. I was reading in 2 Corinthians 3 when verses 17-18 caught my eye: 

"But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image." - 2 Corinthians 3:17-19

 It's so like the Lord to deliver exactly what you need at exactly the moment you need it! My bible included footnotes on this scripture which only delivered more encouragement to my pondering heart. It reads:

 "As our knowledge deepens, the Holy Spirit helps us to change. Becoming Christlike is a progressive experience. The more closely we follow Christ, the more we will be like Him." 

And isn't that what I want and need? To be more like Him?

I heard the Lord answer: "Stay close to Me. You may not be strong enough, but I am. My power works best in your weakness."

2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 AMP "but He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you [My lovingkindness and My mercy are more than enough--always available--regardless of the situation]; for [My] power is being perfected [and is completed and shows itself most effectively] in [your] weakness.” Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ [may completely enfold me and] may dwell in me.10 So I am well pleased with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, and with difficulties, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak [in human strength], then I am strong [truly able, truly powerful, truly drawing from God’s strength]."

It's okay that I'm weak. It's okay that I mess up. I will fail at times, and that's okay. I'm learning, I'm progressing. Incapable as I may be, He is all-knowing, all-powerful, all sufficient and that's what matters! HE is the Great I AM and HE is strong enough! 

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13
 Greek through the onewho gives me strength.

In one of my recent journal entries, I wrote to the Lord: 

"I am loving this season, because as I'm recognizing my weakness, I'm holding onto Your Strength. I'm thankful for my inability because it enables me to see You, in all Your greatness and all Your goodness. And I'm falling more in love with You all over again."

May our weaknesses be a testimony to His strength and His glory as we stay close and cling to Him!

- Mckenna 

No comments:

Post a Comment